[NAFEX] Black Raspberry and freeze info

Hal Love lovehd at comcast.net
Fri May 4 11:00:10 EDT 2007

Michael,

Brambles in general were unscathed here in northern TN. Even the ones below
me in a major frost pocket seem fine. The black raspberries are just
beginning to bloom now, blackberries are at, or a little past, full bloom. I
have heard some reports from other areas in TN, and particularly in N
Alabama and Georgia where spring was a bit more advanced, that the
blackberries were severely damaged in some areas. As the black raspberries
bloom a little later, they were possibly spared. I'll keep my eye out for
them as I travel around the area over the next few weeks.

Hal