[NAFEX] deer detector

Richard MURPHY murphman108 at msn.com
Wed May 2 23:24:33 EDT 2007

In my daytime job, we have computer based weapons systems that use 'pattern recognition' to determine the nature of incoming missiles, jeeps, aircraft, etc. (Uncle Sam's toys) Then decide if it needs a 30mm gun, missile, JDAM, or etc, and make recommendations therein. So.....

Why can't some clever kid, with a lap-top and a web cam do the same thing, looking for deer?
Is this being done? Cool science project for college / investor.
It can even throw a switch to set off an alarm, or call your cell phone.
Calling in a JDAM on Bambi might be a bit rough on young trees.

Murph