[NAFEX] AACK! Persimmon borers(?!)

Hal Love lovehd at comcast.net
Wed May 2 17:44:45 EDT 2007

Lucky,

Do these "frass tubes" look like white-ish extrusions, about the diameter of
a toothpick, that stick out from the bark up to about an inch long? Just
curious, as I am seeing these types of thin cylinders all over several of my
freeze damaged plants. The thin cylinders are light and soft, and
disintegrate to an ash-like consistency when touched. My fig trees are
covered with them, and there are a few on the kiwi trunks as well. I had
assumed they were some sort of extruded material in response to freeze
injury, since most do not seem to be coming from any obvious holes in the
bark.

Hal