[NAFEX] Fwd: Tip for Greenhouse Growers: Add Silicon

Hans Brinkmann hans-brinkmann at t-online.de
Wed May 2 14:00:11 EDT 2007

Hallo Mr. X,
yes, plants can take silicon from  sand because it is (very) little
soluble in water!
A very fast source is  the so called  (at Europe)  "Stone-flour"  which
is a very fine stone  powder made from  Basalt only!
Organic farmers are using it for many other benefits and to strengthen
plants. Bamboo gardeners as a source for silicon.

ciao
Hans