[NAFEX] pH question

Jerrydana5 at aol.com Jerrydana5 at aol.com
Tue May 1 14:43:24 EDT 2007

I have put a lot of horse manure on my garden spot, with the result that it
is very fertile, but the pH is too high, due to (I was told) the amount of
horse  urine, which produced Ammonium hydroxide, which raised the pH too much.
Besides sulfur any suggestions for what to put on it?  I know pine needles  is
a possibility.  How about chicken manure, since I suddenly have a source  of
some?  How long should it be composted before spreading?  Jerry in  southern
Indiana