[NAFEX] Building a fence against deers

Hilborn.E at epamail.epa.gov Hilborn.E at epamail.epa.gov
Wed Apr 25 12:08:59 EDT 2007

A straight fence requires at least 7 feet.  Leave post to increase it to
8 if needed. I had to raise mine to 8.

If you build an angled fence it can be shorter (5'), but the
construction looks tricky to me.

http://www.ext.vt.edu/news/periodicals/commhort/1997-10/1997-10-02.html

Betsy Hilborn
7a NC

             "Bassem Samaan"
             <bassem at gardener
             .com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                 nafex at lists.ibiblio.org
             nafex-bounces at li                                        cc
             sts.ibiblio.org
                                                                Subject
                                      [NAFEX] Building a fence against
             04/25/2007 09:24         deers
             AM

              Please respond
              North American
             Fruit Explorers
             <nafex at lists.ibi
                blio.org>

My in-laws property is always invaded by deers. Unfortunately all their
vegetable crops are eaten by the deers daily. So we tried putting a
temporarily fence, we used the flurencent plastic fence that's commonly
used in construction. The deers have pushed it down and walked right
into the plantings. So this year we need to build a sturdy fence that
can keep the deers and other creatures away.
My question is how high does the fence have to be so the deers want jumb
above it?
We need the lowest cost possible, since the fencing area is 50'x50'
square.

Bass Samaan
zone 6, Bethlehem, pa

sites.