[NAFEX] Building a fence against deers

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Wed Apr 25 11:44:38 EDT 2007

Bass,

Your fence will need to be at least 8' high.  Ours is a standard 4' wire fence with 4 electrical wires 1' apart above that.  if the electric fence is not on, the deer will still get through between the 1' wires above 4' wire.  We have actually seen one buck hold the wires with his antlers while the other hop through over the 4' fence.

US Fence has a deer fence that can be found at http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=2950848 in 7.5' and 10' heights.  another type of fence is found at http://www.northcoastweb.com/deerfence/deercontrolframe.html.  Hope this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com