[NAFEX] Montrose Apricot

Doreen Howard gardendiva at charter.net
Tue Apr 24 20:12:25 EDT 2007

Does anyone know if Montrose apricot is self-fertile or does it need a pollinator?  The tree I grew from a pit is flowering for the first time this year.  It's the first fruit tree to blossom by almost a week.  The Asian pears (Korean Giant & Shinseki) are now blooming, and it looks like all the apples and the Saturn peach will flower by the weekend.  After that late Arctic blast and heavy snow, I didn't know if there would be blossoms.  But there are!  Hope springs eternal with fruit growers, I guess.
Doreen Howard
Zone 4b--IL-WI Border