[NAFEX] Disease resistant apples for Minnesota(NW Greening)

Erdman, James ErdmanJ at uwstout.edu
Mon Apr 23 13:15:58 EDT 2007

We have a Northwestern Greening in Menomonie, WI, (cold side of zone 4) and the tree is about 18 years old.   It has done fine all these years.  I somewhat neglect it as it isn't my favorite and I wouldn't feel bad if it died.   But, we still have a few usable apples from it from last fall, and now that I am reminded of them, I should make one last pan of apple crisp before they are unusable.  The fruit ripen okay, and improve through the winter.

Jim Erdman

From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org on behalf of tanis grif

Nice link.

Does anyone grow NW Greening in z4?  How does it handle the winters, and does it
mature fruit OK?