[NAFEX] Disease resistant apples for Minnesota

dwoodard at becon.org dwoodard at becon.org
Sun Apr 22 18:40:13 EDT 2007

This is an interesting tabulation of resistance and susceptibility
to several diseases for a number of mostly older apples grown by
householders in Minnesota.

I was interested to see a reminder of why Wolf River is a pretty good
utility apple for zone 4 even if it's a bit on the bland side in
flavour. In my limited experience the texture is quite nice when
grown here in the Niagara Peninsula in Agriculture Canada zone 7a,
near the northern limit of commercial peach growing.

See
<http://www.extension.umn.edu/projects/yardandgarden/ygbriefs/p244apple-diseaseresistant.html>

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada