[NAFEX] pistachios

Bassem Samaan bassem at gardener.com
Fri Apr 20 13:20:10 EDT 2007

I recall reading about one of the nursery owners, possibly One green
world, have traveled to central asia. where he saw the natives growing
pistachios as a bush. In places like kazakhstan and neighboring
countries, temperatures drop to around -20F. Their climate is dry with
hot and dry summers. It's possible they have a hardier variety. Bass