[NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 51, Issue 71

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Thu Apr 19 00:42:55 EDT 2007

The program was a Nova episode called "Magnetic Storm".  The poles reverse
every quarter million years or so on average, but not with regularity.  It's
been 700,000-800,000 since the last one.  Over the last century the field
has weakened, and, should it continue weakening at the same rate, it would
reach a switchable state sometime near 2550.  But this may not be a
continuous trend, but rather a wave in an irregular cycle.  Right now, the
field is as strong as it's been in 50,000 years; and although it has been
weaker in the last three-quarter-million-years, it's maintained its polar
alignment.

~ Stephen

  _____

From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Lon J. Rombough
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 6:50 PM
To: Pete; North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 51, Issue 71

At present, the earth's magnetic poles are in the process of reversing,
which is causing the magnetic fields to be irregular and to break up. There
was a very good program on public television not too long ago that explained
it, and how it's a regular event every few thousand years.
-Lon Rombough
http://www.bunchgrapes.com Winner of the Garden Writers Association "Best
Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com