[NAFEX] Persistent Persimmon

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Wed Apr 18 18:55:22 EDT 2007

You can also find a number of commercially available strains at
http://www.fungiperfecti.com/plugs/index.html  including several that
break down stumps and give good mushrooms.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
For growing supplies and more;  http://www.grapegrowersolutions.com

On Apr 18, 2007, at 3:01 PM, ethan roland wrote:

Another approach to try that doesn't utilize synthetic chemicals would
be to inoculate a freshly-cut stump with strong decomposer fungi... I
am not an expert on the matter, but I would guess that some guidance
for choosing a good fungi strain can be found in Paul Stamets' book
"Mycelium Running".

Cheers,
Ethan

--
Ethan C. Roland
(518) 610-1375

AppleSeed Permaculture
Design - Teach - Advise
www.appleseedpermaculture.com

Northeastern Permaculture Wiki
www.northeasternpermaculture.wikispaces.com

8th International Permaculture Conference, Brazil, 2007
  www.ipc8.org

" You can count the number of seeds in an apple, but you can't count
the number of apples in a seed" - proverb via Paul
nafex mailing list
nafex at lists.ibiblio.org

sites.
permission!