[NAFEX] Germinating Persimmon Question

ethan roland eroland at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 18:04:08 EDT 2007

Howdy All -

I have a few Diospyros seeds (both americana and kaki) that are germinating
in some pots in my house. They have actually sent some roots down and are
poking their seeds up into the air -- but the cotyledons have not been able
to emerge because they seem to be stuck inside the shell.

Should I remove the shell and free the cotyledons??? Or just let the seed
figure itself out?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Ethan

--
Ethan C. Roland
(518) 610-1375

AppleSeed Permaculture
Design - Teach - Advise
www.appleseedpermaculture.com

Northeastern Permaculture Wiki
www.northeasternpermaculture.wikispaces.com

8th International Permaculture Conference, Brazil, 2007
www.ipc8.org

" You can count the number of seeds in an apple, but you can't count the
number of apples in a seed" - proverb via Paul Krafel