[NAFEX] honeybees and Einstein

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Wed Apr 18 17:37:57 EDT 2007

On Apr 18, 2007, at 3:07 PM, Thomas Olenio wrote:

> Who was it that said; "Don't blame me!  It was Mother Nature who set
> up this
> whole survival of the fittest deal, and now that she's losing she
> wants to
> change the rules"?  Ha, ha, ha!

Oh, "Mother Nature" as a whole isn't losing. Nature doesn't conserve
individuals, and doesn't necessarily conserve species. Nature will
adapt: something will live through this, and if enough of the ecosystem
spaces are left vacant the survivors will produce another burst of new
species, eventually.

Nature isn't necessarily going to conserve humans, though. We may not
be one of the surviving species. If we damage enough of this ecosystem,
we'll be among those who lose.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly