[NAFEX] gluten

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Wed Apr 18 08:50:00 EDT 2007

Hi,

Bees are fed protein too.  Soya flour is common.

Just seems odd that the die offs of honeybees started last fall (Fall
Dwindle Disease renamed Colony Collapse Disorder), and last fall we know
that contaminated gluten entered the feed chain, and that glucose (sugar) is
a common honeybee feed.

If I understand gluten properly the sugars are washed away from wheat
leaving the gluten protein.  Now I doubt industry would just toss away the
sugars washed from the wheat.  They would find a market for the sugars.  And
if it was the wheat that was contaminated you would find the contamination
in the washed out sugars, and the  remaining gluten.

This just seems a very reasonable avenue to explore regarding CCD.
Eliminate the obvious.

Later,

Tom

  _____