[NAFEX] The Late Larry McGraw's Apple Work

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Tue Apr 17 20:32:11 EDT 2007

This thread came up on the Home Orchard Society forum and it's such an
interesting one I felt it was worth passing along here.  It's also
germaine because Larry McGraw was a contemporary of Milo Gibson, helped
him found NAFEX, and went on to found the Home Orchard Society.

http://www.homeorchardsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=664

Here is the  thread so far:

I WOULD LIKE SOME ONE TO HELP ME CONTINUE TO COME UP WITH A VARITY OF A
TREE ON THE OREGON TRAIL EAST OF THE DALLES.
  THIS TREE WAS BELIEVED (LARRY SAID) TO BE IN THE AGE RANGE OF 175
YEARS. LARRY HAD BELIEVED THIS VARITY WAS FROM THE LUELLING
MIGRATION,AND HE BELIEVED IT WAS THE OLDEST APPLE TREE IN OREGON.
  SHORTLY AFTER TAKING GRAFTS AND SCIONS TO HIS KIMBERLY ORCHARD HE
BECAME ILL AND WAS UNABLE TO COMPLETE IDENTIFICATION.
  WOULD ANY ONE HERE HELP ME IN IDENTIFYING THIS TREE AND DOCUMENTING
FACTS FOR HISTORY
  DONALD HILDERBRAND
  P.O. BOX 148
  WASCO OR