[NAFEX] Curcullio question

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Tue Apr 17 14:02:24 EDT 2007

Jim,

Odds are that their egg laying will be greatly reduced due to no blooms or
fruit, but there will still possibly be PC in the orchard from
overwintering.  They can overwinter about 1" underground, especially if you
use mulch in tree rows, until spring and then emerge. I wish it was as easy
as finding host plants and zapping them there.   The hosts other than apple
are nectarine, plum, cherry, peach, apricot, pear and quince. They also can
survive on wild plum, hawthorn and native crabapple.  With no fruit or
blossoms availabe, my guess would be hawthorne.  If you have any hawthorne
trees nearby, I'd concentrate my efforts there.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com