[NAFEX] Anecdotal evidence

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Tue Apr 17 08:21:25 EDT 2007

Definition

Anecdotal evidence:  Anecdotal evidence is unreliable evidence based on
personal experience that has not been empirically tested, and which is often
used in an argument as if it had been scientifically or statistically
proven. The person using anecdotal evidence may or may not be aware of the
fact that, by doing so, they are generalizing.