[NAFEX] Curcullio ? and tree damage

Dianne Stephany iluvdanc at rochester.rr.com
Mon Apr 16 11:45:26 EDT 2007

HI
Last year we found plum curcullio larvae in our sweet white cherries, Van
and Ranier. The adults were also on my choke cherry bush, but I don't know
if they actually infested them. I painted the trunks of our trees with white
latex/water and hope to reduce the damage to this years crop of plums and
cherries.

Fortunately our trees are still in dormant mode and I think they were spared
the kill experienced from previous cold snap.   There is snow falling right
now as well, but it is only predicted to get down to the low 30s both at
night and during the day. I expect the trees to remain dormant for awhile
yet.

Also thanks for the reply about neem oil.  Because of its many uses in India
(anti-scabbies, mouth wash, etc) I had not taken any precautions when
spraying the trees with it . I will certainly in the future.

Dianne Stephany
Rochester NY zone 5