[NAFEX] Fwd: [rarefruit] Discussion aims of the group

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Mon Apr 16 06:22:13 EDT 2007

Hello,

Is it possible that hardiness zones and where the bulk of NAFEX members
live, somewhat limits the fruits that can be explored?

Has anyone ever produced a map that demonstrates NAFEX member concentration
distribution?  It can be done simply enough with just a list of the zip
codes for each member.  Any company that has a sales department and a large
customer base will have this type of software.  It is handy to know exactly
where customer concentrations occur.

Sure, some very exotic fruits can be grown in North America, but if people
do not have greenhouses or winter storage opportunities it simply isn't
possible.

There are NAFEX special interest groups that focus on some very niche
fruits.  These groups have their own forums, but are not widely used, to my
knowledge.

This email group is analogous to the lobby of a university where common
things are discussed more routinely, but there are many smaller groups, with
more focused discussions behind other doors.

Fruit And Nut Interest Groups

http://www.nafex.org/interest_groups.htm

Special Consultants

http://www.nafex.org/consultants.htm

I am sure that if interest exists these areas can be expanded for those with
truly exotic fruit exploration.

Later,

Tom

  _____