[NAFEX] rootstock under meyers lemon

Tony Adrian nursingdata at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 16:43:36 EDT 2007

Hello Jim,

I have no idea how to remove the Trifoliate. When we bought our land
five years ago the woods were already loaded with them. Some are 15 feet
tall and probably that big in diameter. My first clue that there was a
problem was when a friend from the U.S. Fisheries and Wildlife came over
to tromp around. He took one look at these beasts and told me that he
didn't know they were a problem this far south in our area. He said on
one project about 20 miles north of here they were battling them..

I'll email him and ask as he is the reforestation guy for our region and
he'll either know or can find out easily. I'm willing to bet it is going
to have to be a chemical. If not some rude chemical then perhaps a rope
with a sling or a chain and a tractor. Yank them out and add them to a
large burn pile might work. But they look like they'd come back from any
roots left behind.

Tony
Opelousas, LA
Zone 8 (right between A & B)