[NAFEX] Whose fruit trees didn't freeze?

Judson Frisk jlfrisk at iowatelecom.net
Sun Apr 15 16:21:34 EDT 2007

I am in SW Iowa in Zone 5.  I have about 50 apple trees which hadn't bloomed
before the cold snap but were in tight cluster.  So far the blossoms look
dead.  I have never not had a crop in 30 years but this could be the year.
My apricots were in bloom when the cold hit and the blossoms all appear dead
as do the plums.  My American persimmon appears fine but my papaw looks bad.
My rhubarb when flat and mushy but appears to be recovering.  We have a
large commercial orchard area that appears to have lost everything.  Judson
L. Frisk