[NAFEX] Persimmons

Judson Frisk jlfrisk at iowatelecom.net
Sun Apr 15 16:14:53 EDT 2007

Bill   I live in western Iowa and have a persimmon that is about 30 feet
tall plus one male pollinator.  My persimmon is an American variety.  I pick
the fruit off the tree when ripe or when they have dropped on the ground.
When ripe they taste somewhat like butterscotch.  I like eating them a lot.
I usually don't bother with collecting large amounts for cooking.  My oldest
daughter really liked them so I would take her an ice cream bucket to eat at
college.  Judson L. Frisk