[NAFEX] rootstock under meyers lemon

Tony Adrian nursingdata at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 13:49:00 EDT 2007

We have Trifoliate established as an invasive throughout the woods
behind us. The flowers are abundant, very pretty, but only lightly
scented for a citrus. The bees appear to like them. The fruit is
worthless. The thorns are so large and sharp I had to replace the front
tires (plural) on my farm tractor with 19 ply jet airplane tires filled
with foam. Every time I'd try to clip the trails thru the woods, no
matter how careful I mowed around and attempted to avoid these monsters,
I always got multiple punctures.

These things are a hazard. If you are mowing and aren't aware it is easy
to get slapped by a branch as it is pulled loose from another tree or
shrub. The risk of serious injury is very high. When I say serious
injury I mean a trip to the emergency room and perhaps some inpatient
time as well.

If you see them starting in your area I would strongly advise getting
them out ASAP.

Tony
Opelousas, LA
Zone 8 (right between A & B)