[NAFEX] rootstock under meyers lemon

V. Michael Bove, Jr. vmb at teakettlefarm.com
Sun Apr 15 09:49:40 EDT 2007

I've had a trifoliate orange growing here (MA/RI border) unprotected
for a dozen years with never any dieback, even after numerous -10F
nights.  It's an annual struggle to keep it under 8 feet tall.

Hint -- if you do plant one, make sure it's at least 6-8 feet from
any pathways, or you'll be pruning off wayward branches all the time
to keep it from attacking passers-by.  The thorns on a full-grown one
of these beasts are among the nastiest among domesticated plants.

--Michael Bove
Teakettle Farm, Zone 6