[NAFEX] rootstock under meyers lemon

nottke1 nottke1 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 15 06:32:49 EDT 2007

Trifoliate Orange (Poncirus trifoliata) can grow to a large citrus tree.  The juvenile spines are thin, but on the mature tree they are stout and up to 2.5 inches long.  Here it is hardy to 5 degrees.  The fruit is very seedy and the pulp is very tart - with much effort, the fruit can be made into marmalade or lemonade.  They are hard to eradicate once established.

Jim Nottke
near Winston-Salem, NC   Z7