[NAFEX] Fruit blooming without pollinators

Bassem Samaan bassem at gardener.com
Sat Apr 14 15:36:23 EDT 2007

 I just checked my apricot now, it's about 3 in the afternoon. About 50%
of the blossoms are open on 2 different varieties, Jerseycot, and an
unknown, but unfortunately they didn't release any pollen. I tried it
with the artist brush, and nothing. The pollen perhaps doesn't release
with the cold we're having now. for the next 4 days we're having a flood
warning, a snow mixture, and windy days ahead. I can pretty much forget
about them this year.

Bass