[NAFEX] was freeze, now grafting persimmons

Bassem Samaan bassem at gardener.com
Sat Apr 14 06:07:42 EDT 2007

I have an american persimmon grafted on a D. Lotus rootstock. It's still
fully dormant. Lucky's bark grafting method works great as well as other
methods. Mike McKoncky of edible landscaping, does bud grafting while
dormant and have a very high success rate. Basically he slices the bark
and inserts a small dormant persimmon bud, wraps it and once it takes
cuts the top off. Bass