[NAFEX] Whose fruit trees didn't freeze?

Scott Smith scott at cs.jhu.edu
Fri Apr 13 10:24:07 EDT 2007

I barely snuck by it looks like - it got down to 25F in spots in my
yard but I think around the trees it was only 27-28F.  Some of the
kiwi leaves have blackened but most  are OK.  I lost a few of my
blooms on the stone fruit but the damage appears minor overall.
There was major damage in the region but I guess my yard was just
warm enough (it is on a south-facing hill and I think that helped).
I am in Baltimore, Maryland.

Now I only wish it would warm up -- we are not forecast to get above
60 for the next week.

Scott