[NAFEX] Whose fruit trees didn't freeze?

athagan at atlantic.net athagan at atlantic.net
Fri Apr 13 09:30:13 EDT 2007

Quoting Jim Fruth <jfruth at tds.net>:

> Let's hear it from everyone.........................whose fruit
> trees, vines, bushes, etc. are still undamaged?

With so many others suffering a major disaster I wasn't going to say
anything, but I got lucky.  Last Friday the Weather Service predicted
we'd see 29 the next night (Saturday night/Sunday morning) but we
actually only went down to 38.  I'm in the Gainesville, Florida area.

I was in a sweat there for a while as I'm having one of the best
blossom flushes in years except for the blueberries.  Some of the
citrus is still recovering from when we went to 22 back in February
but except for one tangerine I think it's all going to bounce back.

If I don't get hammered by fire blight yet again I might actually get
some pears this year.

.....Alan.