[NAFEX] Whose fruit trees didn't freeze?

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Fri Apr 13 09:22:21 EDT 2007

On Apr 13, 2007, at 8:46 AM, Jim Fruth wrote:

> Tim,
>     I'm is zone 3 and zero of my orchard was damaged.  I've got
> numerous
> berries, tree fruit, stone fruits, vines, all unscathed.
>
>     Let's hear it from everyone.........................whose fruit
> trees,
> vines, bushes, etc. are still undamaged?
>
> Jim Fruth

Too soon to be sure (I don't like to count my blossom till fruit has
set), but I think not much damage was done here. However, the very warm
first part of January followed by abruptly cold weather may have done
some harm earlier in the season.

Another argument for keeping growers in business all over the country,
not just in whatever area the crop grows best in a "normal" year.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly