[NAFEX] flowering quince

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Wed Apr 11 18:00:26 EDT 2007

At 12:38 PM 4/11/2007, you wrote:
>This brings up a another issue. I always wondered if the different
>quinces were graft compatable?? The low form of Chaenomales grafted
>high on a Psudocydonia would look pretty interesting.

Rob,
My friend Joe, out in Davis, California, carries out what he calls
'guerrilla grafting' - whenever he can foster good fruiting cultivars
onto mundane rootstocks around his lot or neighborhood, he does so.
One of his neighbors had a relatively unproductive Chaenomeles hedge,
but Joe has worked several Cydonia quinces onto it.
I can't speak for whether or not Pseudocydonia is graft compatible
with Chaenomeles or Cydonia, though.

Lucky