[NAFEX] Tennessee damage

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Tue Apr 10 12:19:56 EDT 2007

Global Warming?!!?  I just reviewed our weather station graphs fro the past 2 weeks and found it hard to believe that our lowest recorded temperature was 24 degrees when other folks much further south were 10 degrees lower.  So much for the new zone charts.  We recorded -14.6 for our winter low and thought we had lost our peach tree buds.  We cut a few branches off, brougt them into the office and put them in a jar of water to force them.  As of yesterday, 85% of the buds have bloomed.  Maybe we didn't lose tham afterall!

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar." -Helen Hayes

For this and many more sayings on gardening visit http://www.ghorganics.com/Phenology.html

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com