[NAFEX] Tennessee damage

Mark & Helen Angermayer hangermayer at isp.com
Tue Apr 10 12:13:44 EDT 2007

Donna,

I'm surprised your blackberries came through it.  Although ours haven't bloomed  yet, the foliage is pretty much dead.  I don't expect them to bloom.  Strawberries decimated.  I should have covered them, but I got out there with a tarp to cover some fruit trees, the wind was whipping so, that  I got disgusted and gave up.  The lowest it ended up getting here was 18.5F.  As bad as it was for us, I really don't think it will affect the national fruit harvest much.  From those reporting on our list-serv, the effects seem to be more the lower east and lower Midwest.  While devastating (again zero fruit here) we all know most fruit is grown out west or up north.

Mark