[NAFEX] Looking for Fig

Bassem Samaan bassem at gardener.com
Tue Apr 10 07:14:59 EDT 2007

Glen,Unfortunately I don't have this fig in specific, but is there
anything special about the Gillette fig? I have a Gillette razor though.As
far as fig mosaic, I've seen large figs that are very productive, and
have no problem as far as vigor. Fig mosaic doesn't spoil the fig fruit,
but it's only noticable on the leaves.Are you aware that the Gillette is
a caprifig? meaning it will never fruit in areas where the fig wasps are
not around to pollinate them. Southern California and the mideterranean
are the only regions that this variety would set fruit. Bass