[NAFEX] Tennessee damage

Hal Love lovehd at comcast.net
Mon Apr 9 15:10:22 EDT 2007

> I have heard that currants don't like heat and are prone to disease here.

Donna,

I have a black currant, Minaj Shmyriov, that has done very well here in semi-shade. It has not had any disease problems, and the fruit ripens before the weather turns hot. It has been so productive, I plan to add more. I also have a gooseberry next to it, Captivator. It drops its fruit when the weather turns hot, and will likely be replaced with another black currant. Both of these were in full bloom, and suffered moderate damage this weekend. Its still too early to say how much (if any) fruit will be produced this year.

Hal