[NAFEX] Blueberries Decline

Doc Lisenby longdistshtr at shtc.net
Sun Apr 8 18:56:32 EDT 2007

Barb, I lived in NJ for a while and had success with the varieties that
thrive and produce there.  When I moved to SC I tried the same varieties
here just to see if they would make it here.  None of them did well and I
switched totally to rabbiteyes. You might be in the transition zone in which
both types will have problems but I would sure try some of the rabbiteyes to
find out. I am trying some Ozark Blues this year to see if they will be
satisfactory.  They are supposed to thrive in the "transition zone". Two of
my rabbiteyes turn yellow every year but they bear just as well as the
others and don't respond to sulphur, etc. so I don't  sweat it.  I don't
have them for ornamental purposes anyway.
Doc