[NAFEX] broken grape and grafting

Jenny Ruth Yasi voices at maine.rr.com
Sun Apr 8 11:12:29 EDT 2007

(I've been enjoying everyone's conversation.Thank you all for very
informative reading! Poor bees. All the ones on Peaks Island have
disappeared this year too.).

Snow fell off my roof and totally broke my Niagara white seedless (yummy)
grape, right at the old part of the vine. The old part was getting too long
anyway, but sigh, hate to lose the whole vine. Anyway to save it?

IE: Is it possible to graft into the oldest part of a grape vine? I mean,
why not just drill a hole partway into the cambium, and stick one of the
shoots in there? Yea or nay?  Or maybe?

Thanks!  Yasi