[NAFEX] foundation of agriculture

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Sat Apr 7 18:53:43 EDT 2007

On Apr 7, 2007, at 1:09 PM, Thomas Olenio wrote:

> My underlying point being that preaching to farmers and agriculturists
> about the virtues of organic and standard agricultural practices will
> not change consumer demand one iota, and its consumer demand that
> drives commercial agricultural practice.

Preaching rarely works, on anybody. But I know organic growers who have
gradually increasing numbers of other organic farms all around them.
They don't preach; they just do a good job. Their neighbors notice the
results. Success also drives agricultural practice.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly