[NAFEX] frost/freeze protection and growing in containers

tanis grif tanisgrif at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 17:22:22 EDT 2007

The other kind of damage to think about is rodents.  I see damage in potted material
from meadow voles &/or field mice which I don't see on the SAME materials in the
ground.  Even when you can move pots out of deer- & rabbit-hazard, the mice will
still find them, and really seem to enjoy the cozy little sheltered areas created by
the pots.

And if you mulch the pots w/ something dry & fluffy, to reduce temperature
fluctuations in the root masses, the rodents like that even better!