[NAFEX] Outrageous! All CA almonds to be pasteurized.

BekeeprTop at aol.com BekeeprTop at aol.com
Fri Apr 6 21:27:47 EDT 2007

The Final Rule for the Mandatory Pasteurization of California Almonds has
been published in the Federal Register as of March 30, 2007.
Well, I'll be writing a letter to California Almond Growers Exchange and
other manufacturers telling me they will lose me as a customer for their product
effective Sept. 2007.  I have no interest in eating pasteurized almonds - junk
made out of one of nature's best foods - natural raw almonds.

http://www.almondboard.com/Programs/content.cfm?ItemNumber=890&snItemNumber=45
0

there's an online petition to sign at:
http://www.gopetition.com/online/11754.html

It appears it will still be possible to obtain raw almonds in a more
difficult manner by purchasing bulk boxes of almonds labelled "unpasteurized".  Good -
now all I have to do is pull my lip up over my head because I want to eat
natural raw almonds.

Charlie Paradise<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> See
what's free at http://www.aol.com.</HTML>