[NAFEX] Sprayer cleaning

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Fri Apr 6 14:29:50 EDT 2007

Tom,

To properly clean a sprayer, whether small or large, you should use a neutralizer and a cleaner, which will neutralize any chemical residue left in the tank as it cleans the tank and nozzles.  We use a product called Neutral Clean from Wilbur Ellis.  Many other companies also make a similar product.   There are many variables that can create a clogging situation and this product addresses  them.    Here is the link for the label on tank cleaning for everyone's information:  http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld1FR002.pdf.  The information is really useful whether using a toxic or non-toxic type of spray.

Another cleaner-neutralizer is Protank found at www.agriliance.com/Docs/ProTank.pdf .   As you can see from the label it is available in various quantities.  You can find more info by "googling "  spray tank cleaner neutralizer.  Make sure any cleaner neutralizer does not have any chromates, dichromates, hypochlorites or meta-silicates in it.  Neutral Clean does not which is why we use that specific brand.   Hope this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com