[NAFEX] Sprayer cleaning

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Fri Apr 6 12:10:18 EDT 2007

Hello All,

I have a question for all small, pump sprayer users.

I have two one gallon, pump sprayers, and no matter how diligent I am with
rinsing either with water, and water with dish soap after usage, I cannot
get half way through spraying my one gallon of spray, without the darn tip
clogging.

I premix my powders with warm water in a glass jar, shake them up, then add
that concentrate to sprayer.  I even use reverse osmosis filtered water
thinking that hard water was my issue and I still have tip clogging
problems.

Is there a secret to prevent tip clogging in small pump sprayers?  I am
totally frustrated and disgusted with the tip clogging problem at this
point.

I have even filled them with warm soapy water after rinsing and allowed that
to all spray out, and still I get the problems.  Should I use vinegar or
ammonia as a final rinse?

Thanks,

Tom