[NAFEX] Scions with green tip

tanis grif tanisgrif at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 15:17:38 EDT 2007

Peter, do you have access to anything already in the ground, either apple rootstocks
or young tree w/ lots of upright shoots, which you can graft onto?  I would want to
graft those scions as soon as this cold snap is done.  Seems a bit much to ask
scions which have broken dormancy to wait 3 weeks in cold storage AND then mend a
graft union.  Especially if you will be bench-grafting onto full dormant rootstocks.

I've never had good success w/ the timing mis-matched this way.  Much better if the
rootsocks are growing more than the scions!