[NAFEX] Frost protection(shed)

tanis grif tanisgrif at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 14:46:49 EDT 2007

Thanks for the comment, but the shed ain't gonna help much here!

For my dug pear trees, which were all trying to grow-- and suffering-- I made the
time to plant them.  Watered them in real well, and mulched deeply.  Fingers
crossed.

For my apple trees (both the dug & the potted), the ones which I value more I put in
an unheated room.  Maybe not cool enough, but better than the over chilly shed.  The
ones I could loose, happen to be planted in pots, I slid those into the shed (which
was closer than the house.)  Three apple trees went to the neighbors, with
suggestions for beating the cold snap.

--- Donna &/or Kieran <> wrote:

> Hector is down in a hole, he can get away with a single layer of protection...
....We got under 4/10 inch of rain in March.