[NAFEX] Boron and other things

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Thu Apr 5 11:46:08 EDT 2007

Thanks, Stephen.  You are exactly right.  Our major pests are PC (Plum
Curculio) and CM (Codling Moth).  We use IPM and spray only when we have to.
Last season we had to spray more than we have ever in the past and still had
a major PC and CM problem.  We do not use pyrethrines, the most toxic of all
sprays, some of which are certified "organic".  We used many different
organic programs including mating disruption, but the pests in our area are
too prolific so we adopted an Integrated Pest Management Program.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com