[NAFEX] Freeze-Frost Protection

Greg Jordan treetaxi at mcleodusa.net
Wed Apr 4 08:20:30 EDT 2007

What is this product called?  Where is it avalable?  Cost?
Greg Jordan

KDL spray (Potassium dextrolactate) is supposed to offer 3-4 extra degrees
of frost protection for the two days following the spray.  Bob Purvis swears
by it.  I tried it two years ago but sprayed it at such a high concentration
(more is better) that I burn some tender foliage.  It turned out not to be
of use since my temps went down to 12 degrees.  If your temp is going down
to 22F then it might just offer enough additional protection to make the
cost worthwhile.

Steve H.