[NAFEX] Apricot bloom & Fruit

martha_davis at highstream.net martha_davis at highstream.net
Mon Apr 2 23:51:56 EDT 2007

>From what I am leaning about apricots here in the land of large temperature
swings zone 5/6 New Mexico there are 3 important components of success.

1) siting the best location is one that warms up late usually on the north or
northeast side of a building or large tree.

2) Choose a late blooming variety Jerseycot is one.  Sometimes as little as 5
days difference in bloom time is significant.

3) Choose a variety with hardier flowers.  I don't know much about this last
thing, but it seems like there should be some genetic variation for this as
well.