[NAFEX] They are predicting lows of 21 F for Friday night and Saturday night

tanis grif tanisgrif at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 11:23:54 EDT 2007

2 questions:

Listers, I have young apple & pear trees out of the ground.  Some potted, some
bare-root in bags.  I could use ideas on whether I should plant them into the ground
ASAP, or keep them stashed in an unheated shed until this cold snap is past.  Apples
look full dormant yet (but I bet they are awake); pear buds are swollen.

SB, are you sure the infection after the freeze was fireblight?  One spring after a
frosty cold wet bloom season, my trees ended up w/ something like FB but I did some
research and decided it was Pseudomonas blossom-blast.  I never took a sample to a
plant pathology lab (it was alarming only on one old pear tree), but I will probably
have more chances in the future.